Mr. Kaltvedt has been in the construction industry for over 19 years and has worked as a Field Service Technician, Journeyman Plumber/Foreman, Estimator, Project Manager, Service Department Manager, and Branch Manager. As a Field Service Technician Mr. Kaltvedt specialized in boilers and heating systems from design to installation. Mr. Kaltvedt has a passion for design-build projects, listening to what the customer wants, and working toward a goal of satisfaction with an end product that meets or exceeds those goals.
Midwestern Mechanical History:
- Field Service Technical Nov 2002 – Jan 2007
- Service Department Manager Feb 2007 – Dec 2009
- Branch Manager Jan 2010 – December 2020
- Branch Vice President January 2021 - Present
- Management of the Rapid City Branch – Ongoing
- Preconstruction Services for Potential Projects – As Needed
- Design-build of MACC contract projects on Ellsworth Air Force Base
- Design-build of Disabled Veteran Set aside projects for the Black Hills VA Health Systems.
Key Responsibilities for Project:
- Prepare RFP documentation and lead the team during the selection process.
- Assist Estimators in the budgeting and final pricing phase of the design.
- Attend project design and preconstruction meetings.
- Follow construction progress alongside the Project Manager.
Relevant Project Experience:
- Box Butte General Hospital—Hospital addition and renovation- $4,369,709 complete 2017
- VRC Metals –$607,145 Complete July 2019
- Immutrix--$203,151– Complete June 2019
- EAFB- Vet clinic- Currently ongoing.
- South Dakota Contractor Plumber License
- Rapid City Contractor Plumber License
- OSHA 10 Hours
- Notary Public of South Dakota
- South Dakota PHCC Board Member
- Western Dakota Tech Advisory Board Member