Mr. Kaltvedt has been in the construction industry for over 19 years and has worked as a Field Service Technician, Journeyman Plumber/Foreman, Estimator, Project Manager, Service Department Manager, and Branch Manager. As a Field Service Technician Mr. Kaltvedt specialized in boilers and heating systems from design to installation. Mr. Kaltvedt has a passion for design build projects, listening to what the customer wants and working toward a goal of satisfaction with an end product that meets or exceeds those goals.
Midwestern Mechanical History:
Field Service Technical Nov 2002 – Jan 2007
Service Department Manager Feb 2007 – Dec 2009
Branch Manager Jan 2010 – December 2020
Branch Vice President January 2021 - Present
- Management of the Rapid City Branch – Ongoing
- Preconstruction Services for Potential Projects – As Needed
- Design build of MACC contract projects on Ellsworth Air Force Base
- Design build of Disabled Veteran Set aside projects for the Black Hills VA Health Systems.
Key Responsibilities for Project:
- Prepare RFP documentation and lead the team during the selection process.
- Assist Estimators in the budgeting and final pricing phase of the design.
- Attend project design and preconstruction meetings.
- Follow construction progress alongside the Project Manager.
Relevant Project Experience:
- Box Butte General Hospital—Hospital addition and renovation- $4,369,709 complete 2017
- VRC Metals –$607,145 Complete July 2019
- Immutrix--$203,151– Complete June 2019
- EAFB- Vet clinic- Currently on going.
South Dakota Contractor Plumber License
Rapid City Contractor Plumber License
OSHA 10 Hours
Notary Public of South Dakota
South Dakota PHCC Board Member
Western Dakota Tech Advisory Board Member